The Coaching Summit presents: How to prepare your players for the college game!
Academy directors Eddie Henderson and Dave Simeone have put together a weekend series of lectures and sessions to help coaches prepare their players for the collegiate level.
The Summit will feature Santa Clara University women's coach Jerry Smith and West Texas A&M men's coach Bob "Butch" Lauffer. Both are nationally respected collegiate coaches who will offer their coaching vision and insights into the college game.
Find out what skills you need to develop quality players for the future. Learn how to put those skills into your training sessions today!
Here's our starting lineup of featured coaches:
- Santa Clara Woman's Head Coach Jerry Smith: Smith is one of only three coaches in Division I women’s soccer to have won more than 400 career matches. In addition to leading the Broncos to the 2001 National Championship, Smith has seen the women reach the Final Four 10 times as well as winning 10 West Coast Conference titles in his 27-year history with the program. See Smith's bio HERE.
- West Texas A&M University Head Men's Coach Butch Lauffer: During his tenure, Lauffer has coached the men to 21 consecutive non-losing seasons and the women to 12-plus victories in 12 seasons. Lauffer is also an author of soccer instructional books and has been a national team coach for Tinidad & Tobogo women's teams. See Lauffer's bio HERE.
- PSPL Academy Director Eddie Henderson: US National team scout for the Boys U14 U.S. National Team, Former ODP Regional staff, former Scouting Liaison to the Girls U15-17 U.S. National Team through US Club ECNL and former Coaching Director Las Vegas Heat ECNL, US youth national team player and professional player.
- PSPL Director of Coaching Dave Simeone: Simeone brings 30 years of coaching experience, managing competitve youth-soccer programs, placing players successfully with top clubs and onto college soccer teams. He has been a state Director of Coaching, a national staff coach with U.S. Soccer Federation, a national coaching instructor, and he continues to instruct all NSCAA coaching diploma courses.
- University of Pittsburgh women's assistant coach Ileana Moschos: Known for professional goalkeeping ability and defensive knowledge, Moschos has 13 years of collegiate coaching experience, including stints at Ball State, Creighton, Florida State and Iowa State. Moschos was a member of the Greek National Team in 2004 and was named the Most Valuable Goalkeeper in the Women's Professional Soccer League (WPSL) in 2002 while playing for the California Storm. See Moschos' bio HERE.
Coaching Summit Facts:
- Date: May 29- May 31.
- Fee: $160 per coach (PSPL); all others, $185.
- Fee rises to $200 per coach on May 15.
- Check In: Opens at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 29 @ Starfire.
- Saturday: Full day of sessions, 9am-6pm @ Starfire. Check In opens at 8 a.m.
- Expert Panel Discussion: 6pm, Saturday evening.
- Sunday: Specialist training sessions: 9am to 12:30pm.