11U-19U WNPL LEAGUE OVERVIEW
The Washington National Premier League (WNPL) is premier-level soccer and hosts our highest divisions in the Washington Premier League (WPL). US Club Soccer has sanctioned the WNPL as an NPL league that allows top teams to advance to national club championships - called the NPL Finals and the ENPL Finals.
There are up to two divisions in WNPL - Prem 1 & Prem 2. Different age groups play different number of matches due to outside constraints such as high school soccer. The NPL is home/away series that strives to create balanced schedules. Teams are expected to travel statewide.
The league offers NPL divisions from 11U-19U age groups, boys and girls.
- The Boys HS NPL League typically kicks off in late August and completes its season in November. Teams play 10 games.
- The Girls HS NPL League begins in late-November and finishes end of March. Teams play a 10-game season.
- The 12U-14U NPL League typically plays a 16 game season that is split into a Fall and Spring session. At the end of the Spring session the winner advances to the NPL Finals or ENPL Finals.
- The 11U NPL League typically plays 16 games but the year is divided into a two separate seasons: Fall and Spring. In Fall season, teams play 10 games. In the Spring season, teams play six games. The Fall season carries more weight for promotion or relegation for the next year. 11U teams will have to register for the each season separately.
WNPL League Advancement Format:
- WNPL Prem 1 winner advances to the NPL Finals or the ENPL Finals - national playoff tournaments that draw the top clubs across the nation.
- WNPL Prem 2 winner advances to Prem 1 division
- Classic 1 winner advances to WNPL Prem 2 division
WNPL LEAGUE DETAILS
The Washington National Premier League (WNPL) teams at 12U-14U will play against each other in year-round schedule that will involve Fall and Spring matches. The 11U division will follow similar schedule but will have two separate seasons in order reseed the teams, if necessary.
Classic and Copa divisions will follow separate Fall and Spring seasons as currently established.
- WNPL Boys HS League Prem 1 & 2: $550 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit.
- WNPL Girls HS League Prem 1 & Prem 2: $550 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit.
- WNPL 12U-14U Prem 1 & Prem 2: $800 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit
- WNPL 11U Prem 1 & Prem 2: $550 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit in Fall and $350 per team in Spring
- All Classic Divisions: $350 per Fall and $350 per Spring
- All Copa Divisions: $250 per team in Fall and $250 per team in the Spring
|League||Registration Opens||Final Registration Deadline||Season Starts||Season End Dates||Last official day of Season (For Reschedules*)|
|WNPL League 12U-14U||1-Jul-2020||15-Sept-2020||26-Sep-2020||TBD 2021||TBD 2021|
|WNPL League 11U||1-Jul-2020||15-Sept-2020||26-Sep-2020||5-Dec-2020||12-Dec-2020|
*Any teams added after the registration deadline will incur a late fee.
RETURNING teams should register from the start screen on their team page from a previous season. To find a master list of teams from previous seasons, follow the link below.
For the Fall 2020 season a trapped player league will not be offered. For the spring of 2021 girls and boys born in 2006 will be defined as "Trapped Players," which means some of players will be in middle school while others in their age group will be playing soccer on their high school teams. The league offers a 6 game season to provide a place for the girls and boys who are not yet in high school to play. Registration for this league will open in the late fall for the spring season.
See more details below:
|RETURNING TEAMS||NEW TEAMS|