The Washington State Premier League is premier-level soccer and host our highest divisions. US Club Soccer has sanctioned the WSPL as an NPL-sanctioned league that allows top teams to advance to regional and national club championships - called the NPL Finals.
There are two divisions in WSPL - Prem 1 & Prem 2. The league is home/away series of six teams and 10 games per division. Teams are expected to travel statewide.
Top WSPL 1 teams advance to the Northwest Champions League, which is the regional club competition, and ultimately advance to the National Premier League Finals.
For spring season, the top U11-U14 division is called Super League, and they play an eight-game season.
WSPL League Advancement Format:
- WSPL 1 Statewide First and second place teams automatically advance to the NWCL.
- If there is an east and west split in WSPL, then there needs to be playoff matches, before winner advances to NWCL
- The U11 NWCL advances through U10 WA Cup. Winner and finalist advance to U11 NWCL.
- WSPL 1 first- and second-place teams at U11-U14 boys and U11-U19 girls advance to NWCL to play against top Oregon, Idaho and Washington teams.
- NWCL regional champions advance to NPL Finals.
- WSPL 1 winners of Boys HS Premier League advance automatically to NPL Finals because there is no NWCL.
- NPL Finals is U13 and older; NWCL begins at U11.